This is a preview to the chapter Understanding Keywords from the book Making the Most of Google Adwords by Tim Hill.
Please note this text is copyright protected.
So choosing the correct keywords and phrases is vital. It will take time but it is your investment here that will save you substantial costs later. Tempting as it may be, don't skip the detail.
Correct Keyword or phrase selection will make sure:
- you do not try and compete in areas beyond your budget;
- you target internet users most relevant to you;
In this chapter we'll cover:
- How to avoid chasing keywords that you “think” are effective - known as "Trophy Terms".
- Why you might want to have a loss making keyword.
- How to decide what an “effective” keyword is.
These are the hardest to let go of. They are terms that you want to appear for in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) because, consciously or unconsciously, you are vain.
and all the others, when you
buy Making the Most of Google Adwords
What else is in the chapter 'Understanding Keywords'?
Loss making keywords
Well, the clue is in the name. For a website which sells something, be it a product or service or subscription, this is fairly obvious. Later in this guide we'll ...
These are the keywords you are chasing. It may take some trial and error to find them but make sure you have taken time to decide what “effective” means. For ...