Finding A Cafe To Buy
This is a preview to the chapter Finding A Cafe To Buy from the book The Complete Guide to Buying a Cafe by Craig Reid .
Please note this text is copyright protected.
Referral can often be a good way to find an accountant or solicitor but make sure you ask the referrer what makes the person a good choice. The referrer may have very different opinions on what they look for and may also have very different business interests which lead to very different needs.
It is important to get these people in place and ready to go as the buying process can often be surprisingly competitive. For example, you may find a café that you want to buy but there is a lot of interest in it. If you have your solicitor and accountant ready to go you have the opportunity to get ahead of those that are not as organised as you are. It can make the difference between getting the café of your dreams or missing out.
Why you need to find a good accountant:
- They can assist with your business plan
- They will help you to set up an appropriate company structure (which helps to get the most out of the tax system)
- They will help you to set up your accounting systems
- They will advise you on the financial aspects of the business purchase
- They will ensure that you submit all your required tax documentation on time.
and all the others, when you
buy The Complete Guide to Buying a Cafe
What else is in the chapter 'Finding A Cafe To Buy'?
Why you need a good solicitor...
• To explain the buying process – including deposits, trial periods, etc. ...
What makes a good solicitor?
• They aren’t too busy to see you when you really need them ...
Finding a Café
Generally the best place to start looking is in the major newspapers and online. But if you have the time, check both as there are exceptions that are only advertised ...
Contacting the Broker
It is definitely worth your while to have a look in the newspaper or online and identify who the major business brokers are in your area and to contact them ...
If you see a café that you like you can also approach the owner directly to see if they are willing to sell it to you. All businesses are for ...